The Greater Edmonton Library Association (GELA) is seeking nominations for the following positions on the GELA Executive Committee:
- Vice-President/President Elect/Past President (3 year commitment)
- President Elect/Past-President (2 year commitment)
- Program Councillor (2 year commitment)
- Publicity Councillor (2 year commitment)
- Student Representative from U of A SLIS (1 year commitment)
- Student Representative from MacEwan University LIT program (1 year commitment)
Descriptions of the positions can be found in the GELA handbook
To nominate yourself, please send an email to the chair of the Nominating Committee, Kalin Jensen (firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating the position you are interested in, as well as a short bio (200 words). The deadline for nominations is Friday, May 12th. Nominations received after May 12th will be added to the ballot as nominations from the floor.
The election for the Executive positions will be held at the GELA AGM on May 30th. The student representatives will be chosen by the current Executive prior to the AGM.
If you’re excited about the Greater Edmonton library community and would like to contribute to it, we encourage you to consider nominating yourself as a candidate for any of these positions.